French Experience


A place to feel like a French girl 

 

It was an ordinary family day, Papa, Mama, and I. My father drove us to a very cute French place somewhere in Kemang. That day, I was not really in a good mood. Like an ordinary young woman, everything annoyed me that day. To hear that we were not going back home, I frowned. But my smile came back when I saw the place. The interior, the smell, the atmosphere, Sophie Authentique captured my eyes (and my heart). I was quite disappointed to see that the place was a little bit crowded that day, to be honest I hate crowded space.. 

But the crowd didn't stop us to enjoy that small caafe. I was amazed with the interior and all the displays. I ask one of the staffs who did it. "It was the owner herself, Sophie" And that moment I realized that Sophie is a real person. 

This whole place is so French, all the breads were well displayed and smelled really nice. The sliced cakes were there in cute see-thru display. What I like the most was the combination of sweet-soft and bright colors, and on the front we can see plants that made the place feels like home. This is such a perfect place to do a-candid-yet-beautiful-shot.

I asked for a warm tea, because not just I was not in a good mood, I also was not in a good health, and a sliced of Apricot/Peach-or-something-cake. It was really sweet and fruity. Well, at first I wanted to have the berry pie but they ran out of it. Not just the sweet cake, I had a sandwich filled with lettuce and smoked beef. With Baguette to go, this whole French experience was heart-touching.


Pergilah kau keluar. Tidak ada gunanya pintar namun tidak berwawasan. Berfikirlah seluas mungkin, keluarlah dari penjaramu. Tidak ada salahnya berfikir bebas dan tinggi menggapai awan. Sebuah pengalaman di tengah hiruk pikuk Jakarta. Prancis di Jakarta? Mengapa tidak?


photo by Karima Duhita, Fuji Superia 200 2008, Yashica Lynx 5000e




1 comments: