Singapore? Is that you?











It doesn't feel like Jakarta

 

It was Tuesday in the middle of my end-semester holiday. Couple of days before, my Aunt told me about her experience with my Grandpa at Pantai Indak Kapuk. So I was really excited to see PIK, because it was my first time.

We went by car, my aunt, Mas Yuga, and I, through the new highway heading to Soekarno Hatta. It was a long way, the road felt like it has no end and all I can see was buildings, buildings, and more buildings and some houses from the highway.When I got there all I can see was Ruko [Rumah Toko; a shop where on the second floor the owner can live as a home], Ruko and Ruko everywhere. But, what I like the most is all the Rukos are all restaurants! My tummy and eyes are synchronizing.

My aunt brought me to the Modern Market near the coastline. It was still 8 or 9 am so I can see all the moms Senam Pagi [morning exercise], in front of the market, accompanied with Chinese songs. It is a funny and rare event to see. Inside the market, it was packed. I looked around and grabbed Mas Yuga to come with me to explore the place while My Aunt shop. I started to take some pics, but I know the result will be a little bit underexposure because I refused to set my shutter speed below 100 (I used f/1.8), I had my reasons.

There were sections in the market, Fruits, Veggies, Fishes, Meats, Goods, etc, and my favorite section was Fishes because it was interesting to see all that slimy creatures being chopped. Yes, I know, creepy, but there were interesting fishes there and I got to learn fishes' names! My second favorite was Veggies because I love to see all the various colors. I mean, look at all vegetables, the colors and the textures were all different! For me, other shop that caught my eyes was a herb store. I didn't take a pic of it because honestly the shop keeper expression was terrifying :( The herb store was beautiful, they were all packed neatly and the function of it was well stated in the package. The smell was nice too.

After exploring the market, we went to Taman Wisata Mangrove. All I can say about this place was, it made my favorite shoes soaked. But the Mangrove were all pretty and it was interesting scenery to see. Well, I didn't take any pic because I was a scary cat. I am a type of person that can't break the rules, and the rule in Taman Wisata Mangrove was no camera. So... no camera for me there.

The day was closed by a bowl of shaved ice in Sumoboo. The whole day was a day to remember. I went back home filled with stories about this new place that doesn't feel like Jakarta


Sebuah perjalanan yang tidak terlupakan, tempat baru memberikan pandangan baru. Kunobatkan pasar modern adalah tempat yang menyenangkan untuk menghabiskan waktu, tidak kalah dengan mall atau café cantik


photo by Karima Duhita, Fuji Superia 200 2008, Kodak 200 2016, Yashica Lynx 5000e


0 comments:

Post a Comment