I Used to Say No to This







I Was Wrong

 

I remember my first train ride. Back then, in my mind, trains in Indonesia are not so neat. I pictured train ride is such a horrible thing. But I was wrong.

My first train ride was with Nath, Olgha and Iman, after we had a meeting at Kompas Gramedia. We went to the Palmerah Station and there it was, my first train ride. We took the train and had out first stop at Tanah Abang. The worst thing happened, it was really packed and I can't breathe then I vowed myself I won't use train anymore. The storm had passed, we took another train head to Bogor. Olgha stopped at Manggarai while Iman and I stopped at Pasar Minggu and Nath at Depok.

The feeling was.......... Indescribable. The sweat of other people, the crowd, and the feeling of fear. Yes, I never used public transportation before (only taxi) and I hate being in the crowd with stranger. But I guess, in time, I learned to get rid of my fear and I can walk by myself and hop on train to train without fear and anxiety.


Tidak akan tahu jika tidak pernah mencoba dan dibiasakan

photo by Karima Duhita, Fuji Superia 200, Yashica fx3 super 2000

0 comments:

Post a Comment